February 04, 2009

Getting Scrap Happy



A time to Sew and a time to reap....
Today I have been working on my goal to use those beautiful pieces of favorite fabrics I have left from former projects.This is about the fourth bag I have made from this wonderful red vintage drapery/upholstery fabric. I even found the tag still attached to this piece that has the original price. Wow. Those were the good old days. This was originally from Boston Store, Erie, PA. I bought a lot of this fabric from ebay a few years ago.
This tag has the original price of $1.27 per yard. This was very wide fabric too. Worth much more today, for sure. Does anybody collect old vintage price tags? Might make a great new collection item?

****

This bag will be offered for sale on etsy. It is made from my own pattern. The large 8" lucite purse handles have glitter molded in. The floral pattern looks like large red roses, dahlias and football mums splashed with pink.




No comments: