July 28, 2012

I have been taking a break from homeownership for about six years now, and am now so thrilled at the opportunity to fix up and decorate this wonderful little fixer-upper in the in the heart of my home town.  This property has been vacant for quite awhile, and like all the vacant homes that sit there unloved and unattended, it has been vandalized more than once. All plumbing is now PVC where copper used to be.


In order to discourage intruders, I had glass block windows installed, security lighting, and am re enforcing doors, windows and  locks.


The kitchen is my favorite room of the house in any place that I live, so therefore I have been concentrating my efforts on a slight upgrade, by removing wallpaper, applying a fresh coat of paint and sewing new curtains.  I thought I wanted yellow on the walls, but once I had a section covered, I changed my mind and decided to do all the walls white, and use the yellow paint to paint the chair rail.

Here are the curtains, which have bright yellow tulips.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The yellow was too much, so was getting covered with bright white. I am actually thinking now that the white is too bright, and I need to apply an off white and save the bright white for just the cabinets.


The chair rail will get a new coating of yellow, to coordinate with the curtains.

The kitchen-breakfast nook "before" pic.
Looking forward to the "after" pics!! Oh the pedestal sink will need to find a new home....

            I moved it out of the way to make room for a new vanity/sink combo...


Shower/tub also needs attention...needing a new faucet and shower fittings. 

Future guest/sewing room

Future bedroom





Check back for updates....Thanks for visiting!! I look forward to your next visit!
God Bless You!

1 comment:

Cassy said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! I am really looking forward to seeing the finished product! Isn't it funny how different paint colors can be once you get them on the wall. That happened to us too when we were painting our bathroom. What we thought would be beige ended up looking very yellow.